DFMG logoSponsored by Deddington Farmer's Market,
selling the best of local produce 12 months of the year.

 Rob Forsyth

There has been a fire station in the village since 1900. The original site of the station was at Goose Green, where they had a manual pump. It was later moved and the pump was then kept under the town hall. The third site was in Earls Lane, at this time the pump was a coal driven steamer, towed by horses. Since about 1930 the fire engine has been motorised. In 1952 the station moved to its present site in Banbury Road, the fire engine was then an ATV box van which towed a trailer pump with a hose reel.
And see the pics on the DOL Gallery and The Great Fire at Johnson's Timber Yard 1941